The work highlighted here reflects a continuation of the strong relationship Dimeo has built with Women & Infants’ over several decades. Dimeo’s involvement with Women & Infants’ includes assistance throughout each project, from preconstruction and design phases until final finishes are completed. Most of the projects were performed in the occupied hospital, requiring special measures to maintain cleanliness and not disrupt patients or staff.
Representative projects include:
• new hospital and new Breast Health Center
• laboratories for Cytogenetics and Cytology
• state-of-the-art research laboratories for reproductive endocrinology, pediatrics, OBGYN and Oncology
• various renovations including ER, Pharmacy, nurses’ stations, patient rooms and corridors
• “C” section procedure room and an expanded NICU area.
Dimeo also built the Kilguss Research Institute, which allows for research in HIV and tuberculosis, breast and cervical cancers, and fertility problems and to develop promising new advances in biomedical research. The building features a central core that houses cell culture facilities, darkrooms, and a vivarium.
These projects included working with various architects including: Anshen + Allen + Rothman, Vision 3 Architects, Karlsberger Associates, and LifeSpan Design Team.